Arctic Broadband Forum
Separate Registration Required - Open Now!
The Arctic Broadband Forum will bring together educators, researchers and industry from across the World to discuss the challenges, successes and potential of telecommunications and broadband deployment in the Arctic. Specific emphasis will be placed on the role of broadband and digital technologies on the cultural preservation and self-determination of indigenous populations throughout the Arctic.
Visit the Broadband Forum website for more information.
7:30 Continental Breakfast, Coffee, Tea
8:00 Welcome & Opening Remarks
- Mr. Brian Rogers, Chairman, Board of UArctic
- Mr. Aaron Schutt, President & CEO, Doyon Native Corporation
8:30 Broadband for all in the Arctic? A Comparative Analysis of Alaska and Northern Canada
9:00 KEYNOTE: Northeast Passage Fiber Project: Prerequisites for International Cooperation
- Paavo Lipponen, Former Prime Minister of Finland
9:30 Together We Are Making Progress - The Future of Arctic Broadband
10:00 Networking Break
10:30 Satellites are still Cool!
11:00 Panel 3: Expanding Business Opportunities Through Broadband
- Ms. Kristina Wilcox, Capitol Hill Consulting Group Executive Director, Women’s High Tech Coalition, USA
12:00 Networking Lunch
1:00 Panel 4: The Government’s Role in Broadband Development in the Arctic: Opportunities & Challenges
- Paavo Lipponen, Former Prime Minister, FINLAND
- Fran Ulmer, Chair, U.S. Arctic Research Commission,
- Jean-Pierre Blais, Chair Canadian Radio-TV Telecommunications Commission (CRTC), CANADA
- Jean-Francois Dumoulin, Senior Coordinator of Programs and Partnerships, Kativik Regional Government, CANADA
2:00 Challenges to Implementation of Telehealth in Northern Canada
2:30 Networking Break
3:00 Business Profile: Carlson Wireless (tentative)
4:00 SSIMicro “Connecting the Communities of Nunavut” (tentative)
4:30 Arctic Broadband. Recommendations for an Interconnected Arctic: ARCTIC ECONOMIC COUNCIL UPDATE (tentative)
5:00 Closing Remarks